With the second wave of Covid-19 virus infections driving the world to the beak of a healthcare failure, many are not only caring for their family but also recovering at residences themselves.
With some cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing tips to prevent the COVID-19 Virus, you can keep yourself and your family safe and healthy too.
While the initial paranoia about surfaces transmitting COVID-19 has reduced, it is critical to sanitize your homes before and after a COVID-19 infection. Widespread misinformation about the Covid-19virus places everyone at risk and adds to the stress and anxiety instead.
While research into the COVID-19 virus is still ongoing, a few different vaccines have been produced up-to-date. We have learned that the virus is transmitted through direct contact with respiratory droplets of an infected person (through coughing and sneezing), and touching surfaces contaminated with the virus. And to that solution, we also have learned that simple disinfectants can kill the virus.
To give people a helping hand, we gathered the latest expert information on tips to help keep the virus out of your residence. Here are some of the simple Personal Hygiene steps that can help protect you and your family’s health and avoid Covid-19:
- Avoid any contact with your eyes, nose, and mouth unnecessarily.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow/tissue while coughing or sneezing. Immediately dispose of used tissue.
- Maintain a distance of at least 3 feet (1 meter) from people (avoid people who are coughing or sneezing if possible).
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water after you blow your nose, sneeze into a tissue, use the restroom, when you leave or return to your residence, etc.
Cleaning, Disinfecting and Sanitizing tips to prevent the COVID-19 Virus
Cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing high-touch surfaces in your residence every day is an essential precaution to lower the risk of infection.
You can follow the cleaning process and product instructions for safe and effective use, including precautions you should take when using the product, such as wearing gloves and making sure you have adequate ventilation. Or you can hire professionals to disinfect your residences.
Clean and disinfect High-touch surfaces every day
Every residence is different from one another, but high-touch surfaces such as door handles, tables, chairs, fences, kitchen and bathroom surfaces, etc. are the same. These high-touch surfaces should be cleaned and disinfected on regular basis.
What to use to Clean, Disinfect and Sanitize
First, if a surface is contaminated, you should clean it with soap/ detergent and water. Then use a disinfectant product containing alcohol (70 %) or bleach. You shouldn’t use vinegar and other natural products.
If it is difficult to find disinfectant sprays and wipes, you can continue to clean with soap and water. Try using help from professionals if it becomes difficult.
About Disinfecting your Residence
You should not wipe cleaning solutions off as soon as you’ve applied them to high-touch surfaces. Numerous disinfectant products like wipes and sprays take several minutes to be effective. So you should avoid wiping instantly after cleaning the surface. Always read the guidance to make sure you’re using the products as recommended. It also helps you avoid damaging sensitive items such as mobile phones and other electronic devices in your residence.
Here you can know about how to sanitize your residence post-COVID.
Things to keep in mind before the cleaning process?
- Always wear protective gear like gloves and goggles before you start cleaning.
- Always read and follow the manual on the disinfectant product label carefully before and while using.
- Avoid chemical disinfectants from coming in direct contact with your skin as much as possible.
- Make sure the room is well-ventilated while using the chemical disinfectants.
What should I use to sanitize?
- You can use water, household detergents, and common disinfectant products.
- The use of sodium hypochlorite is also very effective.
- Use dust/damp mops for cleaning and sweeping, instead of a broom.
With the current outbreak of COVID-19 and its second wave, frequently cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing your residence is essential for keeping your and your family safe and healthy from the virus.
You can even hire professionals like Star Al Madina who not only provide cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing tips to prevent the COVID-19 Virus, but also will assist in it.
Please feel free to contact us, if you need any assistance in cleaning, disinfecting, and sanitizing your residence.