Are you worried about fleas entering your home? Are you confused how fleas are getting in? Fleas infestation happens due to a number of reasons for which you may not necessarily be responsible for. Fleas infestation is dangerous for your pets and your family and can plague you mercilessly.
We can find many people getting frustrated time and time again after trying many things and not getting rid of the flea infestation. Flea infestation does not affect physical health but it puts risk to the mental health as well. Fleas create a continuous sense of disgust and irritation in the people. It is not a pleasant sight to see. Flea infestation can invade your living premises again and again even when you think you have done absolutely everything to be safe.
Star Al Madina is here to help you prevent all kind of pest infestation and ensure you live a safe and healthier life. We have been serving in cities of Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah and Fujjairah.
Reasons of flea infestation
The main reason of flea infestation is mostly related to the overall sanitation of your pets such as dogs and cats. Fleas are very different pest from cockroaches, mosquitos, rats etc. They do not enter homes by flying through windows or jumping and crawling inside the home. They generally sit on the back of a pet to enter the home. They need a carrier to enter the home which is why it may be slightly easier to stop the fleas from entering by following certain things. With other rodents and cockroaches it becomes slightly difficult because they can crawl in the house through walls and cracks in the house. Taking care of overall sanitation of pets is the key to successfully avoid flea infestation.
Controlling pets to keep fleas off them
- The owner should have the control of the pets and where they roam.
- It is a good idea to use a high-quality flea control products suggested by veterinarian to keep the fleas away from the pets.
- Regular bathing and grooming can help a great deal to avoid flea infestation.
- The pets should not be left free to roam around freely. When the pets are taken outside they should be leashed or kept inside a fenced area.
- Rodents and other wildlife can also carry fleas into your home. It is a good idea to make the yard less welcoming to wild animals and rodents. Removing holes, trimming the grass short, keeping the yard trash free are some of the ways to discourage rodent and wild animal invasion.
- If pets are kept away from flurry animals your pets are less likely to be invaded by fleas.
Risks that is carried by flea infestation
One great danger fleas carry is their capability to spread plague. Plague causes death among thousands of people around the world every year. It contains symptoms such as fever, headache, chills, weakness, swollen tender, painful lymph nodes etc. It is not a big problems in developed countries due to the availability of medical facilities nevertheless it should not be taken lightly.Typhus is another disease that is associated with flea infestation. This can cause symptoms such as headache, fever, chills and rashes in people. Many pets suffer from allergy dermatitis, hair loss and irritations in the skin. Kittens and puppies also suffer from anemia if the flea infestation in big. It is also found that fleas can also carry tapeworms. These tapeworms are known to affect pets but in many cases they also can be found in small children.